|| a little bummed, but good
Might make more sense to read the last entry and then this one.
I got my nails done yesterday, so this typing thing is kinda weird. Oh well, I'll live.
Yesterday we went to part II of Jen & Adam's Weekend Concert Adventure featuring Dark New Day, Nonpoint, Puddle of Mud and Staind. Well.... not exactly. Here's the deal: it RAINED yesterday. It didn't just rain..... the Great Lakes fell onto downtown Jackson in the form of watermelon sized rain drops. We left my house about 3:15 to head to the concert to see Nonpoint play at 4:50. We wore very stylish blue ponchos and baseball hats in a desperate attempt to stay dry and warm. It worked... for the most part. We got some crawfish, sat down, ate, had lovely conversation, and went to go catch the end of whoever was playing at the time in order to get a good spot for Nonpoint. However, we soon realized the band playing at the time was Dark New Day, the band that wasn't supposed to go on until AFTER Nonpoint. We turned to people around us and asked..... yup, we had missed the one band we had come to see. They had bumped up the schedule by two hours. Damnit.
Well, long story short, they bumped the show up so far that Nonpoint couldn't even make it, so we didn't miss them, they just didn't play. We had a great spot for Puddle of Mud, they put on a good show, but we'd seen them before when they came to town with 3 Doors Down. We would have had a great spot for Staind, but a bunch of assholes came and stood by us. They were smoking pot and rubbing all over me so we just had to go, I couldn't stand next to that for long. We watched Staind from the very back for a couple of songs. But I was tired and wet and concerts just aren't the same when you're not in the thick of it, so we left. Friday's show was awesome, but Saturday's show left something to be desired. All and all, I still had a good time, heard some good music, ate some good food, and saw some great shows.
As always, here are my random thoughts for the show:
- Navy blue ponchos are super sexy.
- If anyone doesn't know who Nonpoint is, they should check out my Myspace, it's my profile song, they're awesome.
- What good are police on horseback? I mean, really, they look cool, but there's not much they can do from four feet up in the air. Short of having their horses crap on people, they're not very useful. Especially if they're not even INSIDE the venue, but are rather standing in a circle in the parking lot.
- If I had to sleep with a member of a band, I think it would be a bassist. Not because they're the best looking or the most famous or anything like that. It's because they're so dang energetic, and, more importantly, so enthusiastic. They are the most animated person on stage, be-bopping all over the place, trying to rile up the crowd, singing when they don't even have a mic.
- I discovered that I'm really, really loud. Seriously. When I'd yell after a song, people would literally turn around to see who was making that much noise. Two people complimented me on having "nice lungs." This has a great benifit: I get to annoy the hell out of the people in front of me, if I want to.
- Be aware if you come stand in front of, or next to, me at a concert, be prepared. I am probably one of the loudest people in the crowd. Plus, I head bang and thrash around a lot. A lot. I'm there to enjoy myself. I'm almost the only girl in the crowd who wasn't there because:
a. she wants to get naked with the lead singer
b. her boyfriend drug her there or
c. she wears all black and never smiles so this is a great creative outlet for her
I'm there because I want to see a good show, because I like these bands. So, unless you want to be elbowed in the head or yelled at, I'd suggest not blocking my view.
- I should totally join a band. I'll be lead singer. Adam, you play bass.